Re: Worrisome IDE PIO transfers...

From: Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 15:31:33 EST

On Sunday 29 of February 2004 20:23, Richard Zidlicky wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 09:52:08AM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> > > Okay, better solution:
> > >
> > > - on Atari/Q40:
> > > if drive->bswap use insw/outsw instead of swapping variants
> >
> > Yep, that sounds the most logical. Richard?
>
> looks good.
>
> However it appears to fix only part of the problem - we need some
> logic to ensure only disk data is swapped.
> Bswapping WIN_DOWNLOAD_MICROCODE data would not be very
> clever I guess.

Actually drive->bswap should die as I overlooked the fact that we are
_not_ swapping disk data (byteswapped data is used for FS) on Atari/Q40.

Therefore the real solution is to use device-mapper instead of drive->bswap
and on Atari/Q40 use standard insw/outs only if blk_fs_request(drive->rq),
for everything else insw_swapw/outsw_swapw should be used.

Does it make any sense? :)

Bartlomiej