Re: Dropping CONFIG_PM_DISK?

From: Romano Giannetti
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 07:41:34 EST

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 12:00:40AM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Would there be any major screaming if I tried to drop CONFIG_PM_DISK?
> It seems noone is maintaining it, equivalent functionality is provided
> by swsusp, and it is confusing users...
> Pavel

Last time I tried (2.6.1) PM_DISK was the only suspend mechanism that worked
on my vaio with ACPI enabled (PGC-FX701). I had not time (my humble
apologies to Nigel) to make more tests, I've been swamped with a conference
deadline, but I can try to help finding out the problem in the next weeks, I
hope.

Romano

--
Romano Giannetti - Univ. Pontificia Comillas (Madrid, Spain)
Electronic Engineer - phone +34 915 422 800 ext 2416 fax +34 915 596 569