Re: [Swsusp-devel] Re: Dropping CONFIG_PM_DISK?

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 08:51:30 EST

> Then one could just drop in a driver from 2.4 and use it.
>
> People having time to make new "pretty" drivers could
> also use this facility for cross checking.

I'm sorry but this is a load of bull ;)
New kernel revisions come with a new API. If we keep the old one around
forever that achieves two things
1) The kernel bloats up
2) Nobody puts effort into using the new (better) API

A proof of 2 is the scsi error handling; the old one was kept around as
compat for the last 5 years and only 2 or 3 drivers bothered to use the
new one.