Re: Acer Aspire 1501LCe

From: Sid Boyce
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 17:13:02 EST

Pavel Machek wrote:

Hi!

Apologies to kernel mailing list. This Athlon-64 laptop is available here in the UK at quite an attractive price, sold with Windows XP Home, so fit for repartitioning as a Linux only box if an empty HD isn't an option. I wonder if anyone has Linux up and running on it or any other Althon-64 laptop.

I'm running off athlon-64 notebook, so yes, it works.... eMachines
something seem quite popular. They have broken powernow tables, but
that should be fixable by powernow-k8-acpi driver.

Pavel

Thanks, I've gone ahead and ordered it.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.