Re: 2.6.3 adaptec I2O will not compile

From: Jaco Kroon
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 01:55:31 EST

Eek, that does not bear good. Somebody else mailed me this patch, so would you mind sending me your orriginal patch for comparison?

And I assume that the scsi_unregister call should in fact not be in there? If I understand it correctly there is either some function that first calls adpt_release (from the address given in the info struct) and then scsi_unregister, or scsi_unregister itself calls us.

Btw, none of this code was yet incorporated into the 2.6.3 kernel which is why I started looking around for patches and actually looking at making the changes myself. Btw, I also note that a couple of free's has moved around - this gives me the idea that either a memory corruption bug has been fixed (which leaves at least two of our machines in danger of crashing) or a memory leak has been introduced. Or is it simply that memory handling has been optimized a bit?

Jaco

Salyzyn, Mark wrote:

My code fragment has (original multiversion and version in 2.4.24):

/*
* scsi_unregister will be called AFTER we return.
*/
static int adpt_release(struct Scsi_Host *host)
{
adpt_hba* pHba = (adpt_hba*) host->hostdata[0];
// adpt_i2o_quiesce_hba(pHba);
adpt_i2o_delete_hba(pHba);
return 0;
}

So I am unsure as to how *that* (the scsi_unregister call) got in there
in the 2.6.3 stream. adpt_i2o_queisce was commented out in version 2.4.5
of the driver (Prior to the `historical documents' and at least the
in-box driver for RH7.3). It was not part of the 2.6.2 tree I based my
patch on and not part of the submitted 2.6 patch for the dpt_i2o driver.

adpt_i2o_quiesce tells the adapter to stop all activity, including
builds, and is a blocking command with a 4 minute timeout.

Sincerely -- Mark Salyzyn