kernel reference resource thread. Share your links svp

From: wdebruij
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 10:25:49 EST

There's a lot of information available online about the linux kernel and kernel
hacking. Having done some hacking myself I managed to find quite a few useful,
but relatively hidden resources. Perhaps these are of interest to others as well.
My links - having to do mostly with modules, networking and v2.4/v2.6 porting -
can be found at

http://ffpf.sf.net/#kernelres

Since everyone on this list is doing something related to kernel hacking, my
question to you is... do you know of some other hidden treasures? Please post
follow-ups if you do, this might save others some valuable time (I know it took
me ages to find some of these documents).

On a related note.. I've also implemented some standard tasks, such as module
others to use and abuse (or just read as examples). These can also be found on
the previously mentioned webpage. All files are v2.4/v2.6 portable and some are
both userspace/kernelspace compatible.

Finally, a small disclaimer: I know this post doesn't cover a very detailed
hacking topic, but I don't know of a better list to discuss these more long-term
goals than the LKML. Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Willem