Re: Is the 2.6 dependency information complete? Doesn't look so...

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 13:08:15 EST

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 12:52:08PM -0500, Dave Dillow wrote:

> Also, the changesets at bk://typhoon.bkbits.net/autoget-2.5 add
> functionality to kbuild to checkout needed files automatically, as the
> build progresses -- no more 'bk get' needed...
>
> I haven't kept it up to date, but I doubt it'd need many changes to work
> with a recent kernel. It's currently BK/SCCS specific, but I do not
> think it would be hard to make it work with other version control
> systems, as long as make supports them.
>
> Since you do so much in kbuild, I'd love some comments on it, if you
> have time.

I have pulled the tree, and the getfiles script and Makefile.repo is easy to spot.
Could you drop a mail with the rest of your changes as a regular patch?

I will then try to look through what you made - but my first impression is that this
is by far too much overhead just to replace an "bk -r co -Sq".

Sam