Re: 230-objrmap fixes for 2.6.3-mjb2

From: Andrea Arcangeli
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 11:14:43 EST

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 07:54:39AM -0800, Martin J. Bligh wrote:
> Makes sense. But why would you want 4:4 on opteron? I'm not sure we care
> about the perf for anyone nutty enough to run a 32 bit kernel there ;-)

it would be purerly a theorical benchmark, to see if the current state
of the art technology is hurted more or less by 4:4. If it's hurted less
it's reasonable to assume newer cpus will be hurted less too. However
we'll probably deal with only with a few more generation of 32bit cpus
and it will be only from intel so I agree with you the xeon test is the
most interesting for this.