[patch] real-time interrupts for linux 2.6

From: Bernhard Kuhn
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 21:18:26 EST

Hi everybody!

I hope that i can steal enough of your precious time to get
your attention for a patch that adds hard real time support
to the linux kernel (worst case response time below
5 microseconds at a 100 KHz periodic interrupt).

The proposed "real time interrupt patch" enables the linux
kernel for hard-real-time applications such as data aquisition
and control loops by adding priorities to interrupts and spinlocks.

New festures since first release
--------------------------------

* ported to 2.6 (tested with 2.6.2 and 2.6.3)
* io-apic priority operation partly implemented
* enhanced example application
* performed benchmarks

The following document will describe the patch in detail and how
to install it:

http://home.t-online.de/home/Bernhard_Kuhn/rtirq/20040304/rtirq.html

The patch and a demo application can be downloaded from:

http://home.t-online.de/home/Bernhard_Kuhn/rtirq/20040304/rtirq-2.6.2-20040304.tar.bz2

Comments are highly appreciated!

best regards

Bernhard Kuhn

P.S.: i had some troubles (re)subscribing to LKML, so i guess i'm
posting off-list. Please put me on CC in case you reply to the list,
THX and sorry.