Slow wireless network after enable acpi

From: Hui Zhou
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 23:14:06 EST

Hi, sorry for bothering you.

I recently installed redhat 9 on my laptop- HP/ZE1115 with duron
processor, every thing with via chipsets, using SMC 802.11b pcmcia
card.

Some how the bios doesn't boot from hardrive (must be bad sectors),
installed redhat and boot from grub floppy. Compiled kernel with
2.4.25. The wiless card uses tainted driver ADM8211. First-time
compiled with apm, every thing is OK, but the laptop gets so hot
without the support of apm. Recompiled with acpi, now the laptop cools
down, but the network get very slow. Still pings my desktop with 1~2
ms, but ssh to it waits for ever. Same thing for internet browsing.

Every thing is compiled into kernel, except the wireless driver
8211.o. The computer runs other program seems OK.

Let me know if I should post more infomation and thanks for attention.

-Hui