Re: 2.6 much worse than 2.4 on poor wlan reception

From: Jes Sorensen
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 04:25:42 EST

>>>>> "Thomas" == Thomas Mueller <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Thomas> Kernel 2.4 works far better in the poor reception situation I
Thomas> have, anyone any idea what I could do without moving the AP or
Thomas> laptop? When I'm near my AP everything works fine with 2.6
Thomas> too.

Start out by forcing it to a lower link speed, at that signal quality
you really don't want to try and go above 2MBit/sec. If you keep
trying to do 11MBit/sec the card will constantly try the higher rate
and then lose signal, drop down and try again. Fixing the rate should
improve the situation - at least it has always done so for me ;-)

Cheers,
Jes