Re: NFS problems with 2.6.4-rc1-mm2

From: Peter Zijlstra
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 10:35:24 EST

I'm amazed at the total lack of information I managed to put into it ;-)

Its a dual athlon machine, nfs v3 over tcp. nfsd is run on vanilla
2.4.22 and reports no problems. (yes I know I should upgrade that
machine but its not exposed to the outside world).

anyway,. I played about a bit and it's in one of these patches:

#nfs-remove-XID-spinlock.patch
#nfs-misc-rpc-fixes.patch
#nfs-improved-writeback-strategy.patch
#nfs-simplify-config-options.patch
#nfs-fix-msync.patch
#nfs-mount-return-useful-errors.patch
#nfs-misc-minor-fixes.patch
#nfs-lockd-sync-01.patch
#nfs-lockd-sync-02.patch
#nfs-lockd-sync-03.patch
#nfs-lockd-sync-04.patch
#nfs-rpc-remove-redundant-memset.patch
#nfs-tunable-rpc-slot-table.patch
#nfs-short-read-fix.patch

I'll do a binary search through these patches and report those that seem
to cause the problem.

Peter Zijlstra