Re: new special filesystem for consideration in 2.6/2.7

From: Steve Longerbeam
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 14:02:31 EST

Dave Jones wrote:

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 10:09:09AM -0800, Steve Longerbeam wrote:
> >An intro to PRAMFS along with a technical specification
> >is at the SourceForge project web page at
> >http://pramfs.sourceforge.net/. A patch for 2.6.3 has
> >been released at the SF project site. > > > A new patch for 2.6.4 is available, but it and the 2.6.3 patch
> are each ~2900 lines, so I won't post here. But here's the intro:

Without commenting on the code, the biggest thing holding back
inclusion of this is likely the comment about there likely being
patents held on parts of that code.

Dave

Dave, true MV has a patent pending, but it would only affect any future use
of the technology in a _non GPL_ operating system. Used in Linux or any
future GPL software, no patent licenses or royalties are involved at all.

I am not a lawyer, but I think I got that right :)

Steve