Re: ACPI stack overflow

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 18:14:50 EST

Stuart_Hayes@xxxxxxxx writes:

> Hello...
>
> I think I am getting a stack overflow when Linux is parsing the ACPI tables (initializing all the devices and running all the _STA methods). I am using the x86_64 architecture. I would like to try increasing the kernel stack size, but I'm not sure how to go about doing this. Could someone tell me how to increase the kernel stack size? (And, has anyone else seen a problem with stack overflows with ACPI?)

Increasing THREAD_ORDER to 2 in include/asm-x86_64/page.h should do
the trick in theory (not tested). There is also an old 2.4 exact stack
overflow checking patch at ftp://ftp.x86-64.org/pub/linux/debug/stackcheck-1
that could be probably ported to newer kernels.

I haven't heard of ACPI stack overflows before.

-Andi