Strange DMA-errors and system hang with Promise 20268

From: Henrik Persson
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 14:51:32 EST

Hi.

The last month or so I've experienced some strangeness with one of my
boxes. It is up and running without any problems and then suddently i
get this in the syslog:

Mar 6 20:29:42 eurisco kernel: hdf: dma_timer_expiry: dma status ==
0x61

(sometimes dma status has been 0x41)

And a few seconds later the system has frozen and I have to reset the
box to get it back up and running.

It isn't always the same hdX. If I remove the device that produces the
error another device, but it's allways a device on the promise
controller, fails.

I've seen this behaviour with 2.4.25, 2.4.24 and 2.4.23 (I think).

Any ideas?

--
Henrik Persson <nix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>