Re: IRQ USB , freezes with ABIT KV7

From: Maggio
Date: Sat Mar 06 2004 - 16:49:17 EST

Sorry if I quote myself again , but I think to have understood why my system
hangup at installation .

The default IRQ that my motherboard sets for USB 2.0 controller and the
Sound Card is "12" if no PS/2 mouse is plugged-in (generally IRQ12 is
reserved to PS/2 mouse) , but the PS/2 Mouse port is always present , also
if no mouse is plugged-in , and the linux PS/2 mouse driver occupies the IRQ
12 when loads , so , when it's the time of the USB 2.0 controller driver the
booting hangs up.

Is not possible adding a feature in the kernel , that if the PS/2 driver
doesn't find any mouse plugged in the port just leve free the IRQ12 instead
of catching it up? (if this feature is not already implemented , but it is
doesn't work for me)

Marcello

,
> > maybe it has another name? But anyway doesn't seem to exist nothing
> similar
> > .
> >
> > Please help (I've tried GENtoo, Slack and CRUX)
> >
> > Marcello
> >

> seems that changing in the BIOS the options:
>
> USB mouse Support Via :
>
> and
>
> USB Keyboard Support Via :
>
> from [OS] to [BIOS] removed the problem . But why linux gives this problem
> and FBSD no? What this option implies ? I've noticed that the IRQ of the
USB