Re: server migration

From: Mike Fedyk
Date: Mon Mar 08 2004 - 16:53:15 EST

Danny ter Haar wrote:
Lawrence Walton <lawrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'd like to take another shot at it with 2.6.3,

Don't!

<personal experience, ymmv!>
Problems after sync, difficulties in the blocklayer/queuing/plugging.
Our newsgateway has gone back to 2.6.0-test11 since that's the
only one that seems to survive "hard-work".

2.6.4-rc1(-mm1) crashed hard on me, doing single-user stuff.
_i_ would wait a while if i were in your position.

I have everything except for my GW/Firewall running 2.6.3 + two NFS patches and everything is working great.

Maybe you should find out which driver is giving you trouble, and help debug that.

Did you enable the NMI watchdog?
What about sysrq, did that still respond during your "hang"?

Mike