Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: serious 2.6 bug in USB subsystem?

From: David Brownell
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 12:43:28 EST

David Mosberger wrote:
How about something along the following lines? The patch is relative
to 2.6.4-rc1. What it does is add a new state ED_DESCHEDULED, which
is treated exactly like ED_IDLE, except that in this state, the HC may
still be referring to the ED in question. Thus, if

Sounds exactly like ED_UNLINK -- except maybe that it's not
been put onto ed_rm_list (with ED_DEQUEUE set).

Why add another state?

The parts of this patch that came from the one I sent earlier
are obviously correct (what were your test results for that?),
and there's non-worrisome noise (printks etc).

But some parts worry me. Like changing that code to BUG()
on a driver behavior that's perfectly reasonable; and removing
some of the PCI posting, which makes it easier for the HC
and its driver to disagree about schedule status.

The BTC keyboard, however, still does NOT work. I'm fairly certain
now that this is indeed a separate problem in the HID. The reason

That was my original suspicion, you may recall ... :)

- Dave