RE: Kernel 2.6.3 patch for Intel Compiler 8.0

From: Nakajima, Jun
Date: Tue Mar 09 2004 - 21:56:00 EST

In 2.6, we already have sufficient changes for Intel IPF Compiler to
build the kernel, especially intrinscs changes, and you should not need
a patch. To make it faster, we might want to use PGO (profile guided
optimization) provided by the compiler; yes, it's available even for the
kernel with a driver.

Thanks,
Jun