hp smart arrray 5i and kernel 2.6.X

From: Ruben Puettmann
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 08:26:16 EST

hello,

I have here a bunch of new HP DL380G3. Konfiguration:

System: Debian Sarge
Kernel : 2.6.2 2.6.3 2.6.4-rc2 and so on.
Hardware: HP DL380G3
Raid Controller: 5i with newest firmware caue teh old one has an bug on
hotplugging.

Problem:

The server is configured with 2 ( each 36 GB ) harddisks RAID1 for
system and 4 harddisks ( each 72 GB) RAID10 for data.

After installation the system and installing 2.6 I try to format the
RAID10 array it doesn't matter if ext2 or ext3. After the message:

Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information:

the system freezed complete. No error message nothing. No disk aktivity

Ruben

--
Ruben Puettmann
ruben@xxxxxxxxxxxxx