Re: [OT] Re: (0 == foo), rather than (foo == 0)

From: Richard B. Johnson
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 14:22:12 EST

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, David Ford wrote:

> Richard B. Johnson wrote:
>
> >People who develop kernel code also know what a line-warp is.
> >They put a '\n' "[Enter] key" in their text every so-often,
> >maybe every 70 to 79 characters...
> >

> *thinks back to that 40
> character screen wrap
> that everyone used to
> hound everyone else
> for*
>
> Really, your mail reading software should be capable of wrapping things
> by itself, we really have progressed from yesteryear.

No. You can set your screen size to anything. If you have a very
high resolution screen, perhaps even 400 columns. If you are
sending mail to somebody, you need to make sure it fits on
their page, not your page.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.4.24 on an i686 machine (797.90 BogoMips).