megaraid on opteron w/ 8G RAM

From: dan carpenter
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 21:20:17 EST

I'm using the megaraid 1.19.6 driver on RedHat Work Station
x86_64. It works great with only 4 gigs of RAM installed,
but it locks up when I load the module with 8 gigs of RAM
installed. It generally locks up in the issue_scb_block()
but it's not always consistent about which line it locks
up on within that function.

On the default Suse Linux Enterprise Server 8 the module
loads but after around 5 hours of running drive tests the
drives stop responding.

I also tried the megaraid2 module and that kernel panics
when the module is loaded.

I'm using an arima motherboard with the 1.84 BIOS.

Is this a known issue? Has anyone been able to make a
similar config work?

regards,
dan carpenter