Re: anon_vma RFC2

From: Rajesh Venkatasubramanian
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 12:07:21 EST

>> have a devastating effect on vma usage, yes) issue of vma merging, but
>> what about the (mandatory) vma splitting? ...[snip]

> you're right about vma_split, the way I implemented it is wrong,
> basically the as.vma/PageDirect idea is falling apart with vma_split.

Why do you have to fix up all page structs' PageDirect and as.vma
fields when a vma_split or vma_merge occurs.

Can't you do it lazily on the next page_referenced or page_add_rmap,
etc. Anyway we can get to the anon_vma using as.vma->anon_vma.

I understand that currenly your code assumes that if PageDirect is
set, then there cannot be an anon_vma corresponding to the page.

Rajesh