Re: 2.6.4, or what I still don't quite like about the new stable branch

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 17:24:31 EST

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 07:27:12PM +0100, Marek Szuba wrote:

> 3. Junk left in the source root after 'make clean'. Is it really
> supposed to stay there? If so, could I get told why? By "it" I mean the
> two .tmp_vmlinux and the four .tmp_kallsyms files, taking up
> approximately 8 MB of disk space on my system.

Already addressed and included lastest snapshot of Linus's tree.
See http://linus.bkbits.net:8080/linux-2.5/cset@xxxxxxxxxxxx?nav=index.html|ChangeSet@-2d
[Do not expect link to work for more than a few hours or days, since cset numbers
may vary over time]

The fix will show up in 2.6.5.

But thanks for the input!

Sam