Re: NVIDIA and 2.6.4?

From: Sid Boyce
Date: Sat Mar 13 2004 - 21:26:39 EST

Adam Jones wrote:
>In a futile gesture against entropy, Sid Boyce wrote:
>>/ Max Valdez wrote:/

>>/ >Been using nvidia modules for quite a few 2.6.x kernels, most of them mmX. /
>>/ >without problems/

>I'm using it here with 2.6.4, no problems as yet.

>>/ Something strange happened, I shall try 2.6.4-mm1 shortly to see if it /
>>/ is still the same. I reckon though that I've suffered a filesystem /
>>/ corruption./

> A quick thought - have you got CONFIG_REGPARM enabled in the kernel
> config? If so, disable it and try again. (It's almost certain to
> cause crashes with binary modules.)
I haven't had CONFIG_REGPARM set in any of the kernels. 2.6.4-rc2-mm1 was fine until after I first booted 2.6.4-mm1, then neither would work with nvidia. I also got some strange stuff happening, including checksum errors on the driver and I had to download it again from nvidia.com on two occasions, the first redownload reinstalled once, then chksum errors, the second redownload did the same as well as chksum segfaulting, since then it's been fine. See also the garbage I get out of vi in an earlier posting.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.