RE: 2.6.4-mm1

From: Nakajima, Jun
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 03:07:36 EST

I checked and tried several things, and I think CONFIG_PCI_USE_VECTOR is
a red herring. 2.6.4-mm1 did boot with CONFIG_PCI_USE_VECTOR = Y or N as
long as kernel preemption is disabled. It did not boot regardless of
CONFIG_PCI_USE_VECTOR if kernel preemption is enabled. I see the
complaints
bad: scheduling while atomic!
at various spots.

2.6.4 does not have this problem; kernel preemption seems to work fine.
I encourage people to check kernel preemption in 2.6.4-mm1.

Jun