modules.inputmap empty?

From: Ryan Reich
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 18:41:04 EST

Please CC me on reply.

For purely aesthetic reasons I decided to try compiling psmouse and pcspkr as
modules. I've noticed that the most recent hotplug scripts don't find them and,
in fact, when I modprobe them manually I get a message about "no driver for
INPUT device <etc>". That would be a question for the hotplug people, if it
were all; however, the reason it doesn't find any drivers is that there is
nothing in modules.inputmap. It has the commented-out header and no modules
listed. Why do these two modules not count as input drivers for depmod?

Kernel 2.6.4, module-init-tools-3.0.

--
Ryan Reich
ryanr@xxxxxxxxxxxx