Re: strange ext3 corruption problem on 2.6.x

From: Marc Lehmann
Date: Sun Mar 14 2004 - 22:42:59 EST

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 08:59:29AM +1030, jpearson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> 'r/o' by the RAID layer, presumably unbeknownst to VFS; are you
> *sure* that your array is still up and 'good' when you get this
> message?

As I said, there are no other messages, so if there is a problem (cabling,
disk-i/o etc.), then the kernel doesn't know it either (usually the kernel
it quite loud in this condition).

The array also comes up clean and synced. And the reiserfs partition on
the same lv doesn't have any problems (wether this means that reiserfs
doesn't suffer from this bug or wether reiserfs is just unable to detect
it is, of course, a different question).

--