Re: pmdisk suspend patch

From: Giridhar Pemmasani
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 03:14:20 EST

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 17:35:07 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

Benjamin> I agree that it would be nice to be able to resume only
Benjamin> one "branch" of the PM tree like that, it's just not
Benjamin> possible at this point.

Thanks for your reply.

My understanding was that although it is a specific device that is
being resumed, actual resume method is for the bus and that should
power up the whole IDE subsystem. Am I wrong?

I see that there is dependency branch information in
dpm_active/dpm_off/dpm_off_irq. Isn't it possible to traverse these
lists and power up parents for a device? What are the issues involved?

Cheers,
Giri