Re: 2.6.4-mm1 and -mm2: include/linux/version.h missing (vanillaok)

From: Fabian Fenaut
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 13:09:53 EST

Sam Ravnborg wrote:

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 03:35:01PM +0100, Fabian Fenaut wrote:

Why is there no include/linux/version.h after having compiled -mm1
and -mm2 ? Compilation of kernel is fine, but because of this, my
nvidia modules won't compile.

As said in the subject, 2.6.4 vanilla is ok, version.h is here after compilation.

I use debian woody, and I type

make-kpkg --append-to-version -ff --revision 1 binary-arch make-kpkg --append-to-version -ff --revision 1 modules_image

I dunno make-kpkg, but 'make clean' became a bit more effective in mm1. So now 'make clean' deletes version.h - maybe that's your problem?

I didn't run neither make-clean nor make-kpkg clean, and however,
version.h is not here, even just after the compilation of the kernel.

And, to compile my modules successfully, I copied version.h from vanilla
to /usr/src/2.6.4-mm2/include/linux (and modified it the correct way).
Then I compiled my modules, and after that, my hand-made version.h is
still here, so make-kpkg doesn't delete anything.

=> version.h is _never_ created.

Thank you for your help.

--
Fabian