Re: Kernel 2.6.2 reboot hangs on AMD Athlon System

From: Sascha Wilde
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 14:32:57 EST

Micha Feigin wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 07:35:58PM +0100, Sascha Wilde wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 01:08:25AM -0500, Len Brown wrote:
> > > Curious that this happens
> > > 1. only on 2.6
> >
> > yes, but true: any other reboot code I've come across (including
> > those of the other Linux kernel versions) work as expected on the
> > box.
> >
> > > 2. with acpi=off and "acpi=on"
>
> also try with noapic boot option. It was supposedly fixed (cause a
> problem with my system) but may still causing problems for you.

Just tried that, no effect... :-(

Something must be strangely different between the way 2.6.x tries to
reboot the System and any other Kernel-version does. Who is the
Maintainer of this code? Or maybe even better, who did the changes,
made to the reboot-code in 2.6? (There is a ne file reboot.c, but
without any author notice)

Please cc me in any reply, I'm not subscribed to the lkml.

cheers
--
Sascha Wilde : "I heard that if you play the Windows CD backward, you
: get a satanic message. But that's nothing compared to