Re: watchdog on A7M266-D motherboard

From: Zwane Mwaikambo
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 17:26:29 EST

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Petr Konecny wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use watchdog to reboot my computer when it freezes. I was
> wondering if amd7xx_tco is supposed to work in Asus A7M266-D
> motherboard. It seems to load fine and GETTIMEOUT return values
> decrement in one second intervals. However when the timer reaches 0
> nothing happens, it just rolls over to 37 and keeps going. Even a simple
> program that opens /dev/watchdog and sleeps forever, does not reboot the
> computer.
>
> I am currently running 2.6.4-mm2, but can test suggested
> versions/patches. Any hints ?

I went through quite a number of boards and i had trouble ever getting the
thing to reboot itself. I've just about given up since i don't have direct
access to hardware so i'll probably submit a patch to back out the driver.
I'm willing to spend some time over the week trying one last time with you
before scrapping it though.

Thanks,
Zwane