Re: How to apply -mm patch?

From: Rick Knight
Date: Mon Mar 15 2004 - 19:34:36 EST

Julien Didron wrote:

Hello,

Instructions can be found in the Readme file included in the sources
basically you should cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.4
then cat ../2.6.4-mm | patch -p1 (2.6.4-mm being uncompressed in /usr/src, of course)
I had an issue with that patch, you should also patch the Makefile in /usr/src/linux-2.6.4 with this
line 990 to 995 should be replaced with that chunk (without including the numbers) : 990 $(cmd_$(1)); \
991 scripts/basic/fixdep $(depfile) $@ '$(subst \
992 $$,$$$$,$(subst ','\
993 '',$(cmd_$(1))))' > $(@D)/.$(@F).tmp; \
994 rm -f $(depfile); \
995 mv -f $(@D)/.$(@F).tmp $(@D)/.$(@F).cmd)

cheers

Julien

Richard W. Knight wrote:

I've looked everywhere but can't find any instruction on how to apply the -mm patches. I've tried "patch -p0 < 2.6.4-mm" and this seems to run without error, but the resulting source won't build. Can someone give me a quick example of how to apply the 2.6.4-mm patch to linux-2.6.4?

In answering this message, please CC me.

Thanks,
Rick Knight
(rick_knight@xxxxxxxxxxxx)

Thanks Julien and Norberto,