Re: [Evms-devel] Re: deactivate dm disks?

From: Kevin Corry
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 15:02:46 EST

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 1:22 pm, Wakko Warner wrote:
> > > I also noticed it wanted to grab my partitions on sda which were
> > > already mounted and couldn't grab them.
> >
> > Again, you can add an "exclude" entry in your /etc/evms.conf if you want
> > EVMS to ignore sda. Otherwise, have a look at
> > http://evms.sf.net/install/kernel.html#bdclaim
>
> I think I'll only give it disks that I want in evms. The "sde" is a USB
> disk that I move around alot.
>
> If you're not the right person to ask, please direct me to someone else.
> I was going to do a raid5 across a few disks (this is in the future not
> now). Is there any way to add disks to that raid5 using evms?

I'm one of the right people to ask about EVMS. Please send questions to
evms-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxx and the whole group will be able to provide
assistance.

EVMS will recognize and manage software raid devices, but currently doesn't
support expanding raid-5 devices. It's on our list for later this year. I
believe there's a stand-alone tool available that will let you do this
(google for raidreconf).

--
Kevin Corry
kevcorry@xxxxxxxxxx