Status HPT374 (HighPoint 1540) Sata in 2.6

From: Mike Fedyk
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 18:01:22 EST

Hi,

The low end of the market is dominated by the SII3112 chipset, so I'm looking for an alternative 4-port JBOD SATA controller and came across the High Point card.

How is the support of these cards from libata and/or drivers/ide in 2.6?

Alternatively, are there any 4-port (alternatively I can use two 2-port SATA controllers) JBOD SATA PCI cards with good support in the 2.6 kernel (or with patches) in the ~$50 US price range?

Mike