Re: vmware on linux 2.6.4

From: Petr Vandrovec
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 12:10:46 EST

On 17 Mar 04 at 16:43, Mark Watts wrote:

> > Update does not handle GSX 3.0 yet, so if you are using GSX 3.0, you
> > should stick with officially supported host kernels (if you bought
> > GSX, you probably want to have support, and so you should use only
> > supported hosts anyway).
>
> We're actually toying with getting a copy of GSX - does it support 2.6 at all?

Same way WS4.5.1. It should work, but it was not specifically tested,
and I did not add gsx3 emulation layer into vmware-any-any-updates yet.

If you'll use kernel 2.6.x in the guest, you'll have some minor troubles
with building hgfs & vmxnet modules for the guest, but if you have
some exprience with kernel code it is trivial to fix them - two oneliners
in hgfs & two twoliners in vmxnet.
Petr Vandrovec