Re: Need help about scanner (2.6.2-mm1)

From: Sid Boyce
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 20:03:06 EST

Azog wrote:
> Thank you so much for the tip! This seems to have solved my problem
> too.

> I changed my epson.conf file to just say
> "usb"
> instead of
> "usb /dev/usb/scanner0"

> and now, finally, it works. I do hope the SANE documentation writers
> get around to adding that little tidbit of info SOMEWHERE, I was
> tearing my hair out and rebooting back to 2.4 to use my scanner.

I tried that in 2.6.5-rc1-mm1, restarted sane, but it still fails. scanimage -L does not find the scanner, sane-find-scanner finds it, but says I have scsi modules loaded, even though I've rmmod them. I'm using a recent CVS libusb and sane.
I found an article on linuxtoday.com that pointed me to vuescan where I downloaded their initial linux release and the scanner (Epson USB 610) works fine using it. It uses the libusb-0.1.so.4.4.1 I have installed, so that points back to a problem with sane which I have added to their bug list.
Regards
Sid.

--
Sid Boyce .... Hamradio G3VBV and keen Flyer
Linux Only Shop.