Re: "Enhanced" MD code avaible for review

From: viro
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 20:58:04 EST

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 02:18:01PM -0700, Scott Long wrote:
> >One overall comment on merging into 2.6: the patch will need to be
> >broken up into pieces. It's OK if each piece is dependent on the prior
> >one, and it's OK if there are 20, 30, even 100 pieces. It helps a lot
> >for review to see the evolution, and it also helps flush out problems
> >you might not have even noticed. e.g.
> > - add concept of member, and related helper functions
> > - use member functions/structs in raid drivers raid0.c, etc.
> > - fix raid0 transform
> > - add ioctls needed in order for DDF to be useful
> > - add DDF format
> > etc.
> >

> We can provide our Perforce changelogs (just like we do for SCSI).

TA: "you must submit a solution, not just an answer"
CALC101 student: "but I've checked the answer, it's OK"
TA: "I'm sorry, it's not enough"
<student hands a pile of paper covered with snippets of text and calculations>
Student: "All right, here are all notes I've made while solving the problem.
Happy now?"
TA: <exasperated sigh> "Not really"