in need of a filesystems developer-for release under GPL

From: Gregg Ruoti
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 12:11:42 EST

I'm hoping this will be found as relevant for some members in your
organization, so I wanted to make them aware of this unique filesystems
developer opportunity for the Linux platform::

I am working on behalf of a software vendor that has formerly retained
our search firm to help them identify an accomplished FILESYSTEMS
DEVELOPER. Portions of the finished work will be released under GPL and
will offer the hired individual that much more visibility in the
Linux/Open Source world. It's a great opportunity for the right person
to make the leap over to a Linux filesystems based environment if not
there already. The position is located in the CA Bay Area.

I came across your organization as being a very visible & active in this
community/subject. My client has a management team which includes one of
the originators of SGI's IRIX, a former Wind River senior executive at
the CxO level as well as former IBM Labs & Apple Labs people in their
core engineering team.

As you are well aware, there are very few engineers that have developed
a true disk-based filesystem (as opposed to working with one). I
understand from my client that the hired individual will have the
freedom & opportunity to build changes to the filesystem's robustness to
malicious modification, and greatly enhance its auditing capabilities.
This would include defining what actions the filesystem will
automatically take to changes, etc. The challenges of this filesystem
work should make it most attractive to the more creative individual.

If you are aware of any professional acquaintances (SIGs,etc.) that you
may be inclined to enlighten about this opportunity, I have copied the
requirements below. If they would need more information, please feel
free to contact me and I will provide what I can. Obviously, we would be
grateful for any referral from you. If that does happen and we are
successful in a hire, I am prepared to donate to your favorite SIG/User
group, pay for a training class or offer a referral bonus to your
organization to fund a trip to a conference etc.
Thanks for your time (and my apologies for the long-winded email!).

Regards,
Gregg
===============================
Position info:
130k to 160K USD per annum
This is my confidential client's most critical & visible position for
building their next generation architecture to be deployed on the Intel
platform. In the area of Linux management & deployment software, they
are one of the few proven sources for their line of robust Linux
solutions for the enterprise level customer. They are a small firm that
is breaking ground with the commercial potential of Linux.
Their flexibility to pay full-time in the 130k to 160K range per annum
proves the importance they are placing on this opportunity. This is a
full-time position to be located in their northern California Bay Area
headquarters. They will assist with relocation expenses for the right
individual.

REQUIREMENTS:
1) Professional experience focused in the development of disk based
Filesystems, not network filesystems. (Though NFS, cifs, or samba design
skills are fine to have, they are NOT applicable to this position)

2) Development in UNIX-compatible filesystems such as Linux (would be
great to have), but AIX, Solaris, *BSD, etc. are all acceptable if the
individual is interested in making the transition over to Linux
filesystems.

3) Worked with at least one of the following:
-Linux Inodes (or other BSD like flavor Inodes)
-Unix Vnodes

4) Done development specifically within the VFS (Virtual System File
Layer)

5) Must be familiar with the architecture of at least 1 of the following
filesystems:
-EXT2 or EXT3 filesystem
-jfs filesystem (IBM's journaled file system technology, currently used
in IBM enterprise servers)
-reiserfs filesystem (Reiser4)
-XFS (SGI's filesystem)
-HFS+ (Mac OS-X)
-VxFS (Veritas)
-ufs (Berkeley BSD filesystem)
====================================
Gregg Ruoti
Director Business Development
908.684.3660 Office
973.919.4019 Mobile
greggr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
TransQuest Ventures, Inc.

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Ruoti;Gregg
FN:Gregg Ruoti (greggR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
ORG:TransQuest Ventures, Inc.
TITLE:Director Business Development
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(908) 684-3660
TEL;CELL;VOICE:(973) 919-4019
TEL;WORK;FAX:(908) 684-8419
ADR;WORK:;(908) 684-3660;;Morristown;NJ
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:(908) 684-3660=0D=0AMorristown, NJ
URL;WORK:http://www.transquest.com/
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:greggR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
REV:20040123T201153Z
END:VCARD