Re: 2.4.23aa2 (bugfixes and important VM improvements for the highend)

From: Peter Zaitsev
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 14:55:45 EST

On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 13:15, Andi Kleen wrote:
> Peter Zaitsev <peter@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >
> > Rather than changing design how time is computed I think we would better
> > to go to better accuracy - nowadays 1 second is far too raw.
>
> Just call gettimeofday(). In near all kernels time internally does that
> anyways.

Right,

gettimeofday() was much slower some years ago on some other Unix
Platform, which is why time() was used instead.

Now we just need to fix a lot of places (datatypes, prints etc) to move
to gettimeofday()

--
Peter Zaitsev, Senior Support Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Meet the MySQL Team at User Conference 2004! (April 14-16, Orlando,FL)
http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/