Re: XFree86 seems to be being wrongly accused of doing the wrong thing

From: Vojtech Pavlik
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 16:02:23 EST

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 09:16:30AM +0100, Christian Guggenberger wrote:

> >>yeah, sorry. After reading your previous mail I realized it, too.
> >>If you have some spare time, you could boot with init=/bin/bash and then
> >>start every boot script step by step to see which one is causing these
> >>kernel messages.

> >OK. As requested, I just did a boot with init=/bin/bash and the bad news
> >is that the messages appeared before bash started. So I think that
> >confirms my suspicion that they occur before any of the start scripts are
> >invoked?

> [cc'ed linux-kernel again]
> Yeah, I do think so.

Ok. If it appeats with init=/bin/bash and you're not running kbdrate in
your bashrc or profile, then this is likely a kernel or hardware
problem.

Can you please #define DEBUG in drivers/input/serio/i8042.c, recompile,
boot with init=/bin/bash, and then send me the resulting 'dmesg'?
Thanks.

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs, SuSE CR