Re: add lowpower_idle sysctl

From: Todd Poynor
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 18:02:18 EST

Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:

Set some system-wide integer via a sysctl and let the particular
architecture decide how best to implement the currently-selected idle mode?

I'm wondering whether the setting of these magic numbers can't be done
using cpufreq infrastructure.

I'd vote for using Patrick Mochel's PM subsystem and use a standard set of identifiers that are mapped to a platform-specific idle behavior, in much the same way as platform suspend modes are handled today. For example, strings echoed to /sys/power/idle could be an interface. If folks are amenable to this I'd be happy to supply a (generic) patch for it.

--
Todd Poynor
MontaVista Software