Re: Temp problems amd xp

From: Thomas Schlichter
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 05:59:25 EST

Am Donnerstag, 18. März 2004 17:06 schrieb Martin Wilke:
> just wanna know if somebody has the same problem as me.
>
> i' m running an amd xp 3000+ on an epox board with nforce2-chipset.
> everything was alright til i changeed from kernbel 2.6.3 to 2.6.4 3 days
> ago. since then my cpu-temperature rised to 60-65 degrees, sometimes 73
> degrees (while compiling) and pc powered himself down then.
> i took my old config-files and did not change anything.
> last night i upgraded to 2.6.5-rc1 and everything is running normal as
> before..

This seems to be a very big problem for you as you sent this E-mail three
times... ;-)

But maybe following threads on LKML are interesting for you:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=107840458123059&w=2
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=107883077409631&w=2

Regards
Thomas Schlichter