Re: Hightpoint chipsets

From: Tomi Orava
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 08:21:44 EST

> What's the current status of Highpoint RAID drivers, for both 2.4 and 2.6?
>
> I was using a 2.4 kernel just fine with my HP474 PCI card. I know some
> people had lots of DMA issues with it (I had them as well for some time).
> The thing is, inmediately after I plugged a new USB UPS (to be specific, a
> MGE Premium 800) I started to see those problems.

HPT374-ide chip seems to work OK only after applying the patch
Andre Hedrick sent a month ago (and a newer version today, it seems).
Without that patch HPT374 support is very flaky in a host with
heavy I/O. I have tested the first version of the above mentioned
patch for a couple of weeks without problems (mostly 2.4.25+patch kernel).

Regards,
Tomi Orava