2.6 newbie question RE: MODULES

From: Rob Roschewsk
Date: Fri Mar 19 2004 - 17:35:13 EST

Hi all,
Taking my first try at compiling a 2.6 kernel ..... 2.6.4 to be exact.

Got a clean compile ... and I'm building an initrd by hand just to kick the
tires .... I can't get my modules to load.

I've compiled and installed module-init-tools-3.0 .... and I copied
insmod.static to the initrd. When I boot and linuxrc runs on the initrd I
get this message:

Version magic '2.6.4 686 gcc-3.2' should be '2.6.4 SMP preempt PENTIUM III
gcc-3.2'

insmod: error inserting '/lib/scsi_mod.ko':-1 Invalid Module Format

I've been googling all day without a lot of luck. Any direct would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

--> Rob