Re: Makefile dependancies: scripts depending on configured kernel?

From: Michael Still
Date: Mon Mar 22 2004 - 04:18:34 EST

Sam Ravnborg wrote:

The dependency for docs is (now) wrong.
It should be:
# Documentation targets
# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
%docs: scripts_basic FORCE
$(Q)$(MAKE) $(build)=Documentation/DocBook $@

docproc is the only binary used by Documentation/Docbook, and it is already
placed in scripts_basic.

True.

Trivial - so I will include this in some other kbuild patch
I'm preparing.

Cool, it will be nice to have this working out of the box again.

Test a bit more, and you will see they are indeed needed.
Note, some archs other than i386 have a bit different requirements
because thay do not use an asm-offsett.h file.

Interesting. I built most of the targets and they still worked. I'm happy to accept that it's needed though.

Cheers,
Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal@xxxxxxxxxxx) | "All my life I've had one dream,