Re: [Swsusp-devel] Re: swsusp problems [was Re: Your opinion on the merge?]

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 07:50:01 EST

On Wednesday 24 March 2004 05:22 am, Pavel Machek wrote:
> On ?t 23-03-04 23:52:58, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> > On Tuesday 23 March 2004 06:32 pm, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > > Well, I'd hate
> > >
> > > Nov 10 00:37:51 amd kernel: Buffer I/O error on device sr0, logical block 842340
> > > Nov 10 00:37:53 amd kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 6738472
> > >
> > > to be obscured by progress bar.
> >
> > OK, so you have an error condition on your CD. Does it prevent suspend from
> > completing? If not then I probably would not care about it till later when
> > I see it in syslog... I remember that the one thing that Pat
> > complained
>
> Except when it is not in syslog, because it was after atomic copy or
> before atomic copy back. swsusp is pretty unique in this respect.

And I would consider an error that happens after atomic copy critical. If
this happens all attempts to draw progress bar, etc. should be stopped and
suspend should probably abort as well.

What happens if swsusp1 gets such an error during atomic phase? Will it
continue or abort? If it continues I would imagine user not noticing the
message it it flashes the split second before the box powers off.

--
Dmitry