Re: "Enhanced" MD code avaible for review

From: Justin T. Gibbs
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 18:37:49 EST

> I respectfully disagree with the EMD folks that a userland approach is
> impossible, given all the failure scenarios.

I've never said that it was impossible, just unwise. I believe
that a userland approach offers no benefit over allowing the kernel
to perform all meta-data operations. The end result of such an
approach (given feature and robustness parity with the EMD solution)
is a larger resident side, code duplication, and more complicated
configuration/management interfaces.

--
Justin