Re: [ANNOUNCE] RNDIS Gadget Driver

From: Robert Schwebel
Date: Fri Mar 26 2004 - 07:21:12 EST

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 12:59:47PM +0100, bert hubert wrote:
> > Unfortunately, although it works with the original Microsoft driver, you
> > need an inf file on the windows side; you can download the template for
> > that directly from M$.
>
> I don't understand this comment, it would probably be very wise to add
> something to Documentation/ about this.

You need such an .inf file on the windows side; M$ has a template where
you simply need to insert your vendor/device ID and other stuff. I'm not
sure about the license for these files, so I don't know if it is allowed
to distribute them.

> > - .bDeviceClass = DEV_CONFIG_CLASS,
> > + .bDeviceClass = 0x02,
>
> Is this wise?

Until now DEV_CONFIG_CLASS was 0xFF, which results in Windows getting
hickup. If you directly set this to 0x02 (Network Device) Win is happy.
Might be a good idea anyway.

Robert
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686
Hornemannstraße 12, 31137 Hildesheim, Germany
Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 | Fax: +49-5121-28619-4