CONFIG_ATALK cannot be compiled as a module (2.4.24)

From: Oliver Feiler
Date: Sun Mar 28 2004 - 07:02:14 EST

Hi,

when selecting CONFIG_ATALK as a module the symbols register_snap_client and
unregister_snap_client will be unresolved. As I understand it they are in
net/802/psnap.c which does not get compiled when Appletalk is selected as a
module. Compiling into the kernel works fine.

I found this posting from 1996 which seems to mention the same problem:
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/net/9603.1/0087.html

Does anyone know if the mentioned problems were ever fixed? Maybe CONFIg_ATALK
should not allow the module option if it's not supposed to work anyway.

Oliver